September 20, 1965: The Associated Christian Broadcasters of which Art Arthur, R. Stanley Tam, and Peter H. Courlas were officers and members of the governing board, filed an application with the F.C.C. for a new FM station to be operated on channel 249 with an effective radiated power of 3kw, and unlimited time, at Lima, Ohio.
September 27, 1966: WTGN signed on the air for the very first time. Broadcasting began that day at 8:54 a.m. Dale Mossma was the control board operator and Art Arthur made the opening remarks, reading from Psalm 36:9. When WTGN first signed on, we broadcast daily from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
August 20, 1968: WTGN began broadcasting 24 hours a day. We were the first 24 hour a day station in Lima.
December, 1972: We are now in stereo.
August, 1984: WTGN moves to its new studios at our present site at 1600 Elida Road.
December 2, 1986: WTGN become a secondary affiliate of the Moody Broadcasting Network.
July 21, 1990: The Findlay Translator is on the air!
July 16, 1991: We increase our power to 6,000 watts.
December 6, 1995: The Kenton Translator begins broadcasting.