Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah is heard weekdays at 12:30pm on WTGN!
“David P. Jeremiah (born February 13, 1941 in Toledo, Ohio) is a conservative evangelical Christian author, televangelist, and currently the senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, an evangelical megachurch in El Cajon, California, a suburb of San Diego.
Jeremiah was born in Toledo, Ohio in 1941 to Ethel Rayburn Jeremiah and James T. Jeremiah, a Baptist pastor and former president of Cedarville University.
Jeremiah earned a bachelor’s degree from Cedarville University (1963) and a master’s degree from Dallas Theological Seminary (1967). Cedarville presented him with an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree in 1981.
Jeremiah succeeded Tim LaHaye as Shadow Mountain’s senior pastor in 1981. Jeremiah’s leadership of the church has led it to become affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
Jeremiah broadcasts a daily evangelical radio program on stations worldwide through his Turning Point Ministries, which he founded in 1982. The broadcast can also be heard online. He is the author of numerous books on Christian theology and morality.
In 1994 and again in 1998, Jeremiah was diagnosed with lymphoma. In 1999, a nodule was surgically removed from his neck and he underwent stem cell transplant therapy.
Jeremiah’s son, Daniel, is a former NFL scout, and is currently an analyst with the NFL Network.
- David Jeremiah; “Philippians: Twenty-Six Daily Bible Studies” 1983, B C M Publications
- David Jeremiah and C.C. Carlson; “The Handwriting on the Wall” 1992, W Publishing Group (256 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Turning Toward Joy/Philippians” 1992, Chariot Victor Publishing (237 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Turning Toward Integrity” 1993, Chariot Victor Publishing (238 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Acts of Love” 1994, Vision House, (204 pages)” ISBN1-885305-00-1
- David Jeremiah and C.C. Carlson; “Invasion of Other Gods” 1996, W Publishing Group (240 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “What the Bible Says About Angels” 1996, Multnomah (222 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “The Power of Encouragement” 1997, Multnomah
- David Jeremiah; “Gifts from God: Encouragement and Hope for Today’s Parents” 1999, Chariot Victor Publishing (240 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Escape the Coming Night” 2001, W Publishing Group (276 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Stories of Hope from a Bend in the Road” 2001, J. Countryman (128 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Until I Come” 2001, W Publishing Group (212 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “A Bend in the Road: Finding God When Your World Caves In” 2002, W Publishing Group (208 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Sanctuary: Finding Moments of Refuge in the Presence of God” 2002, Integrity Publishers (384 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “His Majesty’s Melody” 2003, Integrity Publishers (40 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “The Things That Matter: Living a Life of Purpose Until Christ Returns” 2003, W Publishing Group (96 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “My Heart’s Desire: Living Every Moment in the Wonder of Worship” 2004, Integrity Publishers (224 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Prayer: The Great Adventure” 2004, Multnomah (272 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Searching for Heaven on Earth: How to Find What Really Matters in Life” 2004, Integrity Publishers (323 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “The Prayer Matrix: Plugging into the Unseen Reality” 2004, Multnomah (96 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “When Your World Falls Apart” 2004, W Publishing Group (304 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Life Wide Open: Unleashing the Power of a Passionate Life” 2005, Integrity Publishers (205 pages)
- Thomas Kinkade and David Jeremiah; “The Secret of the Light” 2005, J. Countryman (96 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God” 2006, Integrity Publishers (216 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “God in You: Releasing the Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Life” 2006, Multnomah Publishers Inc (348 pages)
- David Jeremiah, “Why the Nativity?” 2006, Tyndale (155 pages)
- David Jeremiah; “What In the World is Going On?: 10 Prophetic Clues You Cannot Afford to Ignore” 2008, Thomas Nelson (257 pages)
- David Jeremiah, “The Coming Economic Armageddon: What Bible Prophecy Warns About the New Global Economy” 2010, FaithWords (293 pages)
- I Never Thought I’d See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads 2011, FaithWords (253 pages)
- David Jeremiah, “The Jeremiah Study Bible” 2013, Worthy Publishing (2240 pages)
- David Jeremiah, “The Heart of Jesus” 2014, Worthy Publishing (128 pages)
- 9/11: Our Nation’s Emergency Call
- A Bend in the Road: Experiencing God When Your World Caves in
- Best of Christian Living, with Josh McDowell, Ken Hutcherson, and Tim Lahaye
- Jesus’ Final Warning: Hearing Christ’s Voice in the Midst of Chaos
- What the Bible Says About Angels
- Prayer, the Great Adventure
- Fathers and Daughters
- Christians Have Stress Too
- Raising Well Adjusted Kids Focus on the Family, with Joe White and James Dobson.”
Information gathered from Wikipedia.
Turning Point Ministries
“Mission and Vision
Turning Point Ministries was founded in 1982 as the broadcast ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah to deliver the unchanging Word of God to an ever-changing world. Three decades later, with a multimedia network featuring radio, television, and online programming, magazines, and books, Turning Point reaches tens of millions of people around the globe with the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. With the potential reach of 480 million listeners, Dr. Jeremiah’s radio messages air thousands of times each day, inspiring and equipping the body of Christ around the globe. And Momento Decisivo, the ministry’s Spanish-language outreach, is aired more than 800 times a day on nearly 600 radio stations in every Spanish-speaking country in Central and South America. With its largest audience to date, Turning Point Television reaches a potential 2.5 billion households worldwide.
To help Turning Point enter the prime time of its ministry with a vision for the strongest and most productive years yet, Turning Point’s Going Global Plan was proposed in the fall of 2010 with the capacity to reach five billion hearts with the Gospel by 2017—that’s more than 80 percent of the world’s population. The plan prioritizes the translation of Dr. Jeremiah’s messages into the world’s top 25 language groups, as discussed further on the Going Global section of this website.
Turning Point is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization wholly supported by its patrons and not underwritten by any church or organization.
Turning Point Radio
Turning Point releases 37,381 airings of Dr. Jeremiah’s daily radio program each week domestically and internationally. This is a staggering 1,943,812 programs broadcast through the airwaves each year. Turning Point is broadcast on more than 2,000 radio stations in the United States and throughout the world, including: Africa, Canada, the Far East, India, Mexico, the Philippines, Spain, the United Kingdom, and every Spanish speaking country in Central and South America.
The David Jeremiah Difference is reflected in Dr. Jeremiah’s radio program as it is unique in Christian broadcasting for a variety of reasons:
- Dr. Jeremiah sits behind the microphone and opens and closes each broadcast with personal insights and ministry updates.
- Study material for each radio series is available to the listener so they can “study along” with each broadcast.
- A Bible study resource is created to correlate with Dr. Jeremiah’s radio teaching and this resource is offered to the listener.
- Turning Point is a Bible-strong teaching program focused on content—not causes, current events, or politics.
- Turning Point airs solely as a result of the financial support of listeners.
- Turning Point is celebrating 30 years of broadcast excellence.
To locate a station near you that carries Turning Point Radio or to learn more about its broadcast ministry, click on the Radio page of this website.
Turning Point Television
Turning Point Television features the Bible-strong messages of Dr. Jeremiah, recorded at the Shadow Mountain Community Church in San Diego, California. Presented in a one-half hour and full one-hour format, the television program includes mini-series productions by Turning Point Television Studios, such as Haven’s Light, The Account, and most recently, Portraits of God’s Love. Special musical selections are also featured in the full one-hour program from the Shadow Mountain Choir and Orchestra.
Since the launch of a nationwide telecast in April of 2000, the ministry of Turning Point Television has rapidly expanded internationally. Today, partnering with several networks, Turning Point Television reaches nearly every home in the U.S. Internationally, Turning Point Television broadcasts into Canada, Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
To find the Turning Point program in your area, or for more information about Turning Point Television, click on the Television page of this website.
Turning Points Magazine & Devotional
With a consistent monthly circulation to more than 230,000 homes, Turning Points Magazine & Devotional has become a trademark resource of the Turning Point ministry. With inspirational articles and instructive daily devotionals, Turning Points is unique and fresh each month and provides something for every reader. Based on the radio and television teachings of Dr. Jeremiah, Turning Points is ministering to hundreds of thousands all over the world.
To bring the ministry of Turning Point into your home on a daily basis, sign up to receive Turning Points Magazine & Devotional by clicking on the Magazine page of this website.
You can also subscribe to Dr. Jeremiah’s daily e-devotional—delivered to your home via email each day. Click here to subscribe to Turning Point’s E-Devotional.
An Evening With David Jeremiah
At least six times a year, Dr. David Jeremiah and about a dozen members of the Turning Point team pack up and head to cities across America to spend time with you, our partners in ministry, and to meet new friends. These inspirational rallies—known as, An Evening With David Jeremiah—help further Turning Point’s mission and are offered free of charge. Last year’s rally season drew crowds numbering from 4,000 to more than 10,000 in Chicago, Dallas, and Huntsville (fall rallies), and Sacramento, Richmond, and Houston (spring rallies).
This year, Dr. David Jeremiah will present his message God Loves You: He Always Has—He Always Will across the country in three arena events. Each rally is hosted by David and Donna Jeremiah and features a time of worship, special music by Christian artist Charles Billingsley, ministry updates, and a God Loves You message from Dr. Jeremiah.
The three God Loves You live events will be captured by Turning Point’s high definition television truck to be produced into future television programs. Those who attend the events will be given God Loves You wristbands and other God Loves You items that will help them share this important message to whomever they come in contact with. And of course, product tables are always a part of the evening’s set-up so people can take advantage of any God Loves You resources they would like to take home for themselves or to share with others.
To find out if Turning Point will be coming to your city, click on the Rally page of this website.
Circle of Friends
With an ever-expanding circle of nearly 15,000 members, the Circle of Friends program is growing internationally.
Launched in 1995, Turning Point’s Circle of Friends program provides financial stability through the ongoing prayer and monthly giving of its partners in ministry. What the charter Circle of Friends membership started has become the mainline of support for Turning Point, catapulting it into the global ministry it is today.
Membership benefits include receiving the monthly edition of Turning Points Magazine and Devotional and, upon request, monthly resources mailed to you absolutely free. In addition, members receive the exclusive Circle of Friends quarterly newsletter—featuring special Q&A with Dr. Jeremiah, insider looks at the ministry, and exciting international updates. See firsthand evidence of the ripple effect your gift causes at Turning Point!
To join Circle of Friends and find out more about membership benefits, click on the Circle of Friends page of this website.
Turning Point’s Spanish radio program, Momento Decisivo, is committed to supporting Bible believing Spanish churches both locally and internationally by providing Bible-strong teaching that encourages listeners to become students of God’s Word.
Momento Decisivo is currently released more than 800 times a day on nearly 600 radio stations across the globe, including 90 Spanish-speaking stations in the United States as well as more than 500 radio stations in 22 Spanish speaking countries around the world.
Visit MomentoDecisivo.org for a detailed program log, station listing, and description of all Turning Point resources available in Spanish.
Through much prayer, counsel, and careful research, Turning Point’s Going Global Plan was proposed in the fall of 2010 with the capacity to reach five billion hearts with the Gospel by 2017—that’s more than 80 percent of the world’s population. The plan prioritizes the translation of Dr. Jeremiah’s messages into the world’s top 25 language groups.
Based on a twenty-first century Great Commission strategy, the Going Global Plan will translate and transmit Turning Point programming in two crucial areas: Greatest Impact languages, which address the greatest population outreach; and Greatest Need languages, which represent the greatest population that is unreached. Turning Point seeks to have the furthest global outreach and the furthest global “inreach”!
Believing that God has called this ministry to “be witnesses . . . to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8), Turning Point is now poised and ready to initiate this two-pronged approach to global evangelism.
For more information about Turning Point’s Going Global Plan, click on the Going Global page of this website.”
Information gathered from Turning Point’s website. To learn more click here.
Dr. David Jeremiah speaking for one of WTGN’s Anniversary Celebrations in Lima Ohio. This was WTGN’s 20th.