“First, Why We Do What We Do . . .Women have been bombarded with conflicting and overwhelming messages about what it means to be a woman. Climb the corporate ladder. Lose weight. Take the kids to soccer practice and ballet and piano lessons and art classes. Grocery shop. Eat healthy. Dress sexy. Go to church. Dress modestly. Volunteer at the homeless shelter. Maintain hundreds of relationships on social networking sites. Keep the house spotless. Be a great wife. Buy more gadgets to make life easier. Love the kids. Have a daily quiet time. Get another degree. Oh, yeah, and enjoy life!
Is it any wonder that women are stressed out, depressed, angry, guilty, fearful . . . numb?Welcome to Revive Our Hearts! Welcome to the ministry of Revive Our Hearts with teacher and host Nancy Leigh DeMoss. When asked what the most urgent need among women is today, Nancy says,
“To know Christ—really know Him; to trust Him enough to obey Him; to love and enjoy Him . . . to ‘own’ the Gospel in its incredible, life-giving, transforming fullness and implications; to be willing to lay down our lives for the sake of Christ and the Gospel.”
Over the years, millions of women have been exposed to this message through . . .
◾Resources (Nancy has authored fourteen books, including Lies Women Believe, A Place of Quiet Rest, and Seeking Him. More than 2,000,000 copies have been sold, and they continue to transform women’s hearts and lives.)
◾Radio (Revive Our Hearts and Seeking Him with Nancy Leigh DeMoss are now heard on over 700 radio stations and reach nearly one million listeners a week.)
◾Conferences (Check out the True Woman Conferences and Movement here.)
◾Websites (ReviveOurHearts.com, TrueWoman.com, LiesYoungWomenBelieve.com)
Based in Niles, Michigan, Revive Our Hearts is an outreach of Life Action Ministries. We are believing God for a widespread personal and corporate revival and reformation among women as we call them to freedom, fullness, and fruitfulness in Christ. We’re also trusting God to continue to grow a grassroots movement of heart revival and biblical womanhood, as we encourage women to:
◾Discover and embrace God’s design and mission for their lives,
◾Reflect the beauty and heart of Jesus Christ to their world,
◾Intentionally pass on the baton of Truth to the next generation, and
◾Pray earnestly for an outpouring of God’s Spirit in their families, churches, nation, and world.”
Information gathered from Ministry to Ministries.
Here is background information from Wikipedia:
“Nancy Leigh DeMoss is a Christian Radio host and author. She is the host of the radio shows Revive Our Hearts and Seeking Him, which are heard on nearly 1,000 radio stations. DeMoss is a graduate of the University of Southern California where she earned a degree in piano performance. Since 1980, she has served on the staff of the Buchanan, Michigan based revival ministry, Life Action Ministries. Nancy Leigh DeMoss has authored 15 books which have sold over 2,000,000 copies.
- A Thirty Day Walk with God in the Psalms (Jan 1, 2002)
- A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy with God Through a Daily Devotional Life (Jan 1, 2002)
- Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free (Apr 2002)
- Walking in the Truth: A Companion Study for Lies Women Believe (Jun 1, 2002)
- Becoming a Woman of Discretion: Cultivating a Pure Heart in a Sensual World (Apr 2003)
- The Power of Words (Aug 2003)
- Revive Our Hearts Series (Aug 1, 2005)
- Brokenness: The Heart God Revives
- Surrender: The Heart God Controls
- Holiness: The Heart God Purifies
- The Companion Guide For Lies Women Believe: A Life-Changing Study for Individuals and Groups (Jan 1, 2006)
- Lies Young Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh (Feb 1, 2008)
- Choosing Forgiveness: Your Journey to Freedom (Apr 1, 2008)
- Lies Young Women Believe Companion Guide: And the Truth that Sets Them Free, by Nancy Leigh Leigh DeMoss, Dannah K. Gresh and Erin Davis (Oct 1, 2008)
- Becoming God’s True Woman, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Susan Hunt, Mary A. Kassian and Carolyn Mahaney (Oct 17, 2008)
- Hingabe (May 1, 2009)
- Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Joni Eareckson Tada (Aug 4, 2009)
- Heiligung (Sep 1, 2009)
- Voices of the True Woman Movement: A Call to the Counter-Revolution (Apr 1, 2010)
- Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy (Mar 24, 2011)
- Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother, by Carolyn Mahaney and Nancy Leigh DeMoss (Jun 8, 2012)
- The Quiet Place: Daily Devotional Readings (Aug 28, 2012)”
Information from Wikipedia.